Medical-Surgical Nurses Week
7Medical-Surgical Nurses Week is Your Special Time to Shine
AMSN designates November 1-7 to celebrate medical-surgical nurses just like you.This year, be sure to use the hashtag #MSNW20 so we can find your posts, and share your med-surg pride!
What's on Tap for This Week?
We don't want to ruin all of the surprises, but be sure to check your emails, our social media channels, and our AMSN Connect app to get updates and get in on the fun, prizes, giveaways, surprises, support, and education we have planned for you!
Med-Surg Nurses Week Daily Topics
- Join us for the Coping With COVID-19 Town Hall at 7 PM EST at this Zoom.
- Meeting ID: 884 2757 7311, Passcode: 678017
- Join us for our Advocacy Town Hall at 7 PM EST at this Zoom.
- Meeting ID: 871 5964 8943, Passcode: 893987
12 HOURS OF ASK THE EXPERT SCHEDULE
VIEW/DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE SCHEDULE WITH THE INDIVIDUAL TIME, MEETING ID, PASSCODES, AND EXPERTS FOR EACH TOPIC.
9 AM EST - with Andie Melendez/ Topic: Confronting Bullying: Having Difficult Conversations
10 AM EST - with Beth Quatrara / Topic: Nutrition
11 AM EST - with Jill Arzouman / Topic: Understanding and Implementing EBP in Your Practice
12 PM EST - with Kristi Reguin-Harman / Topic: Coaching/Mentoring: What’s the Difference and How Can it Help You?
1 PM EST - with Ron Martin/ Topic: PRISM: How to Approach the PRISM Application
2 PM EST - with Jennifer Kennedy / Topic: Shared Governance: What is it and How does it work?
3 PM EST - with Summer Bryant / Topic: How to get involved in your professional Association
4 PM EST - with Cynthia Rothenberger and Jacqueline Savalle / Topic: Transition to Practice: Fighting Imposter Syndrome and Feeling Like a Nurse
5 PM EST - with Marisa Streelman / Topic: Leadership Pathways
6 PM EST - with Tuesday Adams / Topic: Nurse Residency Programs
7 PM EST - with Linda Yoder / Topic: Research and Quality Improvement: Understanding the Difference
8 PM EST - with Connor Wesley / Topic: LGBTQIA Issues
- Join us for: How Are You Improving Your Professional Practice?
- Meeting ID: 894 7095 0473, Passcode: 086526
More Ways to Celebrate being a Med-Surg Nurse
Ideas for Celebrating at Your Facility
Here are a few of our suggestions, we hope they inspire more ideas from you.
- Purchase "I love med-surg nursing" merchandise for your nurses at the AMSN Store.
- Bring in meals for your nurses as a treat during their shift.
- Post celebratory signs in your med-surg unit.
- Print and distribute certificates recognizing the contributions your nurses make every day.
- Surprise your nurses with AMSN membership, nothing says thank you than free education.
Talking About Medical-Surgical Nursing with the Media
When someone asks how medical-surgical nurses make a difference, remind them that we:
- Improve patient care through evidence-based practice.
- Advocate for patients and families at the local and national levels.
- Serve their communities through care and education.
- Build the profession of nursing and the medical-surgical nursing specialty.
- Promote medical-surgical nursing certification, resulting in better and safer health care.
- Speak, write, and conduct research to inspire and educate others.
- Mentor and nurture each other.
- Use #MSNW20
Ideas for Celebrating in Your Community - Spread the word!
- Post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and use the hashtag #MSNW20!
- (We hold contests throughout the week based on who's sharing on social media!)
- Submit an article about medical-surgical nursing to your facility newsletter before Medical-Surgical Nurses Week or contact your local newspaper.
- Invite local or state legislators to tour your facility during the week so they better understand the role of medical-surgical nurses.